“Our game isn’t pay-to-win!” shouts every free-to-play dev from the rooftops whenever you give them the chance. Unless, that is, they’re making a new version of the game, in which case, yeah, that old one was totally pay-to-win, but not the new and improved one, we swear.
Follow that link through and you come to comingsoon.trionworlds.com, which has only a countdown timer (currently set to expire at 4:40 p.m. Pacific on Monday, Aug. 19) and a rotating set of quotes from gamers. The quotes are a 50/50 split of positive things about ArcheAge — “sea battles are intense,” “solid RPG with good combat and good story” — and significantly less-than-positive things, many focusing on long-standing issues with the MMORPG:
The reviews are all phrased as “Players used to say,” which lead one to think that what’s in the works will make it so that players no longer say such negative things.
Whatever it is — ArcheAge 2.0, perhaps? — it’s clearly meant to address these issues, which have plagued the game and its reputation for years, even as the Trion Worlds team made efforts to mitigate them, a focus of many of our prior interviews. We’ll find out just what’s in store Monday and whether it will meet the new website’s implied promise.
- ‘Fleabag’ Star Andrew Scott Teases Future Projects With Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Theater Review: Daniel Kitson Keeps Only Things That Spark No Joy Whatsoever
- Bellabeat Leaf review
- ‘Pose’ Season 2 Review: A Revolutionary World Where Hope Prevails
- Better Than a Mouse and Keyboard? Steam Controller Review
- Back to the Future: thousands still hoping to see Secret Cinema production
- Vietnam beach town suspends sea-encroaching tourism project
- ‘Unbelievable’ Review: Pain Gives Way to Grace in Powerful New Crime Series
- Speed up urban infra projects, CM directs PWD
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: It’s ‘James Bond on Laughing Gas,’ Violent as Ever