Among some of the less cool things that can come from acquiring a company are any legal issues the company may be having at the time. In this case, the company was Trion and when gamigo picked them up they also became the owners of a 4-year-old class-action lawsuit brought forth by players regarding false advertisement around ArcheAge.
Now, it looks as though things are about to be resolved. According to a report on MMO Fallout, papers were submitted to the court in San Mateo, California indicating both parties have agreed to settle the case.
It should be noted this looks to be a preliminary agreement, as no details on exactly what the settlement entails have been provided. That will come later. The one thing we do know is that Trion Worlds’s insurer will be handling the payments.
As with most class-action lawsuits, those eligible for a payout will be notified at some point.
- 1,000-year-old sarcophagus opened in Germany
- Teenager charged after death of 15-year-old girl
- 10-year-old boy dies in drowning incident at house in Louth
- Vatican bones ‘too old to be missing 15-year-old girl’
- 70-year-old man arrested following death of woman in Nelson
- Arrest in 17-year-old investigation into Shoreditch shooting
- Sixteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murdering Tashaun, 15
- 16-year-old arrested over murder of teen in Hackney
- Meet the 12-year-old schoolgirl who's opened her own shop
- Woman, 81, meets 103-year-old mother for first time