Seeing player-run tourneys in Guild Wars 2 isn’t exactly unusual, but this one is something a fair bit different. On August 24th, six guilds will compete with teams of nine members each, but not to see who’s the best in terms of PvP. No, this is a raiding tournament, the Elitist Raiding Party 3 tournament, with each team being challenged to clear each raid with just nine team members, no downed state, and all challenge modes active. And to the winners go the spoils!
Oh, did we not mention the spoils? Yes, the prize pool includes more than $2700, 150,000 gold, and 30,000 gems, so the teams competing will be getting a fair bit for the challenge being undertaken. You can check out a trailer for the event just below, or you can plan to view it live when it goes live in around two weeks if you’d like to see
, press release. Thanks, Alex!
- Scotland in the First World War: A timeline
- Armistice 100: Grave hunters search for the thousands of First World War dead yet to be officially commemorated
- Gloria Katz dead at 76 – Screenwriter who made Star Wars’ Princess Leia a feminist icon dies of cancer on 49th wedding anniversary
- Ghoul, Disenchantment, Ozark, and More on Netflix in August 2018
- Life and potential lost on the battlefield: Ireland’s First World War soldiers
- Maharashtra Sub-Junior Badminton: Chance for Nagpur players to cash in on home advantage
- Ireland’s World War I casualties remembered
- Scotland’s first air raid: Zeppelins bomb Edinburgh
- The mighty women of World War I
- Pages of the Sea: Nationwide project to remembers soldiers who fell during Great War