next big thing has arrived in the form of its new module, Uprising, which has officially launched for PC as of today (consolers won’t see it until this fall). As we’ve been covering all summer, this update rolls out a new playable race, new
(seriously!), a cosmetics overhaul, a newbie experience revamp, and of course, the
that’s given me nightmares.
“Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Uprising is now available on PC; launching for consoles on October 1. Gith have arrived in the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms as an all-new playable race, their eternal conflict with the illithid spilling into the caverns of Undermountain. Halaster Blackcloak demands retribution from the adventurers who have occupied his domain culminating in an all-new 10-player End Game Trial, new PvP content including gear and a map, a fresh ‘coat of paint’ on Protector’s Enclave, recrafted Early Game experience and much more.”
Worth noting is that the Gith are playable only by VIP subbers for the first two weeks before opening up for everyone. Here’s all of our Uprising coverage to date, along with the launch trailer – have fun!
Source: Press release
- Microsoft suspends Windows 10 previews as it nears official launch
- Samsung to officially launch Galaxy Tab in NYC
- The Nintendo Switch launched today, and nobody's sure if that's good or bad
- YouTube Gaming launching today to challenge Twitch's livestreaming dominance
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Arrives Way Ahead Of Official Launch Date In The US
- Google Play Family Library is official, launching in July
- Destiny 2's open beta launches on PCs today, and it's one of the best-looking shooters ever
- Pokemon Go Officially Launched In Italy, Spain, And Portugal
- Motion Computing launches tablet PC for doctors
- Microsoft Lync Official Launch in New York City