One of Star Trek Online’s ever-present challenges is creating enough content for player captains to consume. With new featured episodes are few and far between, repeatable missions such as patrols do the heavy lifting of giving people things to do. Patrols are slightly more relaxed tours of a string of systems, sometimes eschewing combat in favor of investigation or light puzzles.
For players who like patrols, they will be glad to hear that Cryptic is adding five new ones with the release of Star Trek: Awakening this fall. These patrols sound like they’ll actually feature a tie in with the game’s current storyline and will be accessible by captains from every one of the game’s factions.
The first patrol revealed is called Sentinels: “A research facility on a small moon in the Donatu System is studying prototaxites stellaviatori. Deploy defense satellites to protect the unarmed facility from raiders.”
- Star Trek hires its first female director for next movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Wraps Up a Wildly Uneven First Season With a Wildly Uneven Finale
- ‘Star Trek’ Star Zachary Quinto Gives Update on the Future of the Series
- 20 Great Gifts For Star Trek Fans
- 'A Quiet Place,' 'Star Trek' sequels announced
- What It’s Like Auditioning To Be Star Trek’s Newest Composer
- Star Trek’s Patrick Stewart has his moment in Brexit debate
- Star Trek: Discovery's Version of the Enterprise Had to Be Modified for Legal Reasons
- This New Star Trek: Discovery Teaser Offers a Fleeting Glimpse of the Enterprise and Its Crew
- Star Trek 4: JJ Abrams hunting for female director to take on sequel