The other day we posted about how Ship of Heroes is going to include a randomizer in its character creator, which pleased me. I mean, it’s a pretty standard feature to have in MMOs, but it’s still nice to have.
In fact, as of late I’ve been making great use of randomizers to aid in the creation process. I don’t use them entirely to make my characters, but I find that by hitting that “randomize” button, the computer often feeds me interesting and pleasing combinations that I wouldn’t have elected to use otherwise. Plus, it can be pretty amusing to see some of the more awful combos.
Do you use randomizers when you whip up your MMO toons, or are you too stuck on certain looks to trust your character to a dice roll?
Every morning, the Massively Overpowered writers team up with mascot Mo to ask MMORPG players pointed questions about the massively multiplayer online roleplaying genre. Grab a mug of your preferred beverage and take a stab at answering the question posed in today’s
- Experience of defeat will help make Ryan stronger
- Primary school installs meditation pod to help stressed kids with 'daily grind'
- Helicopters being used to help land recover after Roaches fire
- Wearables could be used to help spot childhood depression
- Compassionate work colleagues help make a difference
- RAF Dunkirk hero who helped make Oscar-winning film dies aged 98
- Claims Ireland is using Brexit to make life difficult for Britain 'totally untrue': Simon Coveney
- Upskirting victim who helped make it criminal offence reveals horrifying moment festival-goer took pic up skirt
- Irish Guide Dogs: Science helps make the perfect pup match but the human factor is key to success
- Netflix accused of using bots to make memes for new movie Bird Box