With WoW Classic coming out next week, last-minute preparations are in effect all across the globe. It’s kind of silly and kind of exciting at the same time, and while I’m not deep in the current of this all, I’m at least floating downstream at a nice clip.
So what are my plans? I haven’t laid out everything to the last iota, but I have a general outline. I’m rolling on Bloodsail Buccaneers because RP realms generally sport a friendlier community and guilds. I have no guild at present, but I’ll probably shop for one over the weekend — or just keep an eye on the newbie zone chat.
After a whole lot of pondering (and watching videos reminding me on how it used to be), I’m going to whip up a Gnome Warlock for my run. There’s a few reasons for this, the first being that this was the “original” Syp that I played through a large chunk of vanilla. If we’re going back, I might as well REALLY go back. Also, I’m all about pets and dots and utility and survival. This one has the full package. And a free level 40 mount to boot!
Professions? There’s two ways I might go on this. The first is mining/engineering, because I loved my toys and WoW Classic won’t have a lot of extras like this. But that’s expensive and hard, so I dunno. The second way is the money making route: skinning and herbs. I do need to pick one or the other path from the first day, or else I’m going to be doing a lot of backtracking.
As for a leveling plan, I’m not going to be in a rush here — nor am I going to be playing WoW Classic exclusively. It’s just going to be added to the rotation. I’ll probably use one of those tried-and-true leveling guides from the days of yore, since otherwise it gets too frustrating trying to find on-level quests. But from my perspective, it’s all about the journey, since I won’t be doing much (if anything) in the way of endgame dungeoning or raiding. I guess I’m kind of hoping that this character will be able to continue on to a progression shard or a Burning Crusade server one day. At the very least, I’ll get a fun experience and some blog posts out of it before the end.
What about you? You playing? You have plans?
- Must-try classic restaurants in North Jersey
- D Day Darlings reveal what's in store for the Britain's Got Talent final
- Mario Pino returning to ride at Delaware Park, 39 years after start
- Full video and transcript: AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson at Code 2018
- Horror director Leigh Whannell takes us from Saw to Upgrade
- A Nonrequired Guide to Writing Love Stories
- The 20 Best Costumes We Saw at Phoenix Comic Fest 2018
- Make the bump worthwhile
- Now we’ll be in the minority here’: Residents of older-adult community feel blindsided amid merger with all-ages neighborhood
- Basch: A fortuitous romp through Whitten Woods