Every once in a long while, a game is announced that really makes us sit up and go “Oooh!” without any irony. Book of Travels, the newest reveal from studio Might and delight, is just that kind of game.
Announced on Steam and at the Tokyo Game Show, Book of Travels clearly differentiates itself from other MMOs with its illustrated, evocative art style that looks like something you might see in a gorgeous children’s book. The team says that this is “an online RPG that sets you adrift in a fairytale world” with a focus on “community, roleplaying, long wondrous journeys, and unpredictable events and meetings.”
The title has been in the works for three years but has surfaced to make itself known and also prep the community for an October Kickstarter campaign. Might and Delight said that the game will be made no matter what, however the Kickstarter will help to enhance the overall product. “Book of Travels uses an events system that allows us to easily implement your ideas, so this means we can be a lot more open and collaborative in designing the game world,” the studio said.
, press release
- Hyperloop CEO wants to use ‘augmented windows….to make traveling suck less’
- Alternative Travel Plans: The Online Exchange Adventure
- Are you ready for under-four hour air travel to anywhere in the world?
- Plight of refugees traveling across Europe wins 2015 World Press Photo of the Year
- Best Spaceflight and Space History Books
- Tested: 4 rugged travel bags ready for your next adventure
- How to shop online without being tracked by big tech companies
- NASA Pluto Photos: 5 Gorgeous Images Of The Dwarf Planet
- Airline Co-Pilot ‘Sucked Halfway’ Out of Cockpit Window, Landed Plane After Being Pulled Back In
- Space Junk Could Cause Catastrophic Satellite Collisions, Making Space Travel Impossible