Battle royales can be tense affairs. You could be forgiven for sweating a bit, even in the relative comfort of your air-conditioned home. It’s understandable if your hands get clammy, and it’s in that spirit that we present to you the uncomfortably named newest Rift zone in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
In Moisty Palms — what, it’s humid and has palm trees! — you can crouch to disguise yourself as a prop and launch a sneak attack on unsuspecting passers-by. Another Rift Zone, Greasy Grove, has returned to the game in the latest update, with tacos that are “so good that even their smell makes people party!”
Update 10.30 also adds the community-created Knock Town limited-time mode, which makes heavy use of the grappling hook and Flint-Knock Pistol. On the weapon front, the Burst SMG has been Vaulted while the Tactical SMG has been Unvaulted and is “now available in Playground!” Submachine guns on the playground? Must be an American game!
You can view the entire patch notes for this update — including new prefabs and vending machines in Creative Mode and new weekly quests and a returning character in Save the World — on the Fortnite site.
- Fortnite’s latest update makes Xbox One and PS4 cross-play the default for battle royale
- Fortnite gets new playground mode and dual pistols in latest update, but it's down
- Fortnite’s Latest Update Brings An Actual Movie To Its Drive-In Theater
- WhatsApp for iPhone finally catches up to Android with latest update
- Warframe's Latest Update Adds Playable Guitars
- The Messenger now has a new game plus mode thanks to its latest update. You’ll need to 100% the game
- Anthem’s latest update is live and corrects some of the smaller problems players have been having wi
- Fortnite Android update improves UI, adds support for new Qualcomm processors
- Microsoft removes Cortana from the Xbox One in latest update
- GTA Online’s Latest Update Adds A Deadly New Game Show