Tiger Woods has accomplished pretty much all there is to accomplish in golf, with 15 major titles, vast riches and worldwide fame. Everything, that is, except an Olympic medal, but he hopes to change that next year at the Tokyo Summer Games. “Making the Olympic team is a big goal,” Woods told Reuters in a story published Friday. “I don’t see myself having too many opportunities other than next year.” Golf returned to the Olympics for the first time in 112 years at the 2016 Rio Games and was viewed as a success, both in terms of on-course drama (Justin Rose edged Henrik Stenson for the men’s gold medal after both were tied entering the final hole of the four-round stroke-play tournament, while Matt Kuchar shot a final-round 63 to earn bronze) and in terms of U.S. television ratings (more people watched the final round on NBC than watched the final round of that year’s U.S. Open, British Open and PGA Championship). The players, many of whom stayed in the Olympic Village, also seemed to enjoy playing for their countries instead of prize money and FedEx Cup points. “To be honest, this is where all the players wanted to be,”… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods on Masters victory: 'It's going to take a bit of time to sink in'
- Tiger Woods wins 82nd PGA Tour event to make history by matching Sam Snead’s 54-year old record
- Tiger Woods' Masters win has Jack Nicklaus 'shaking in my boots'
- Tiger Woods: 'I don't need to win the Masters, but I really want to'
- Tiger Woods wins The Masters by one shot for his fifth Augusta title and 15th major crown
- Tiger Woods releases shock statement confirming he has undergone FIFTH left knee surgery
- Exhausted Tiger Woods desperate to board private jet back to the States after Open disaster made worse with back injury
- How Tiger Woods’ ‘normal’ girlfriend healed golf’s flawed genius to achieve one of sport’s greatest ever comebacks
- Tiger Woods on brink of matching history by winning 82nd PGA Tour event and equalling 54-year-old record
- Dr Richard Guyer is the surgeon who saved Tiger Woods’ career with spinal fusion operation in 2017
Tiger Woods says he wants to add Olympic gold to all those green jackets have 369 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.