New figures estimate that the new coronavirus could kill more Americans than cancer, heart disease or dementia in 2020. So far, the illness – known as COVID-19 – has sickened more than 4,200 people and killed 74. But as a graphic from The New York Times shows, things could be much bleaker should overall infection rates and fatality rates rise. In the worst-case scenario 6.99 million Americans would die from coronavirus – 2.74 million of them being those aged 80 and above. New figures estimate that the new coronavirus could kill more Americans than cancer, heart disease or dementia in 2020 with an overall infection rate of 41% and a fatality rate of 0.5% So far, coronavirus has sickened more than 4,200 Americans and killed at least 74. Pictured: Medics transport a patient through heavy rain into an ambulance at the Life Care Center of Kirkland, linked to several coronavirus cases, March 7 But the numbers could exceed the deaths caused by cancer if the overall infection rates reach 70% and the mortality rate is 3%. Pictured: Lori Spencer visits her mom Judie Shape, 81, who Spencer says has tested positive for coronavirus at Life Care Center, March 11 In this worst-case scenario,… Read full this story
- Pub opening times for Euro 2020 final - 'Historic win should be celebrated'
- UK Covid deaths rise by 104 with 29,612 cases as new hotspots revealed
- Joe Biden: Coronavirus an 'Opportunity' to Enact Green New Deal Policies
- "Apple One" subscription bundles—Everything we know ahead of new product reveals this week
- Pollution Is Killing Black Americans. This Community Fought Back.
- American Cancer Society urges COVID-19 booster efforts among immunocompromised patients
- Visceral fat: Dangerous fat presents a hidden cancer risk - new study
- EVERYONE in Scotland benefited from £3,100 in extra public spending last year, figures reveal
- Coronavirus kills more in Florida, Texas in one month than 20 years of hurricanes
- Knocked Off Track by Coronavirus, Census Announces Delay in 2020 Count
Coronavirus could kill ELEVEN TIMES more Americans than cancer in 2020, new figures reveal have 296 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.