President TrumpDonald John TrumpBlame game heats up as Senate motion fails Trump approves disaster declaration for coronavirus in California Why studying persistent post-traumatic headaches in soldiers matter MORE signed an executive order Monday aimed at preventing price gauging and hoarding of critical medical supplies amid the coronavirus outbreak.Attorney General William BarrWilliam Pelham BarrHave no fear, the general election will move forward House Democrats press Barr to protect inmates from coronavirus Harris pushes for release of low-risk federal prisoners amid coronavirus outbreak MORE detailed the executive order at a White House briefing Monday evening, saying it would prohibit people from accumulating critical supplies amid the coronavirus outbreak in an effort to profit off of them.Barr said the Justice Department had seen potential evidence of hoarding and price gauging amid the pandemic.ADVERTISEMENTTrump is authorized under the Defense Production Act to prohibit hoarding of needed resources by designating them as scarce or threatened by persons accumulating excessive amounts, Barr said.The executive order signed by Trump on Monday gives Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar the authority to designate certain supplies as critical ones, meaning those found to be hoarding or price gauging such equipment could face criminal action, Barr said.“Once specific materials… Read full this story
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Boost Domestic Production of COVID-19 Supplies
- Gov. Wolf Signs Executive Order Providing Civil Immunity For Health Care Providers
- Gov. Wolf Signs Executive Order Suspending Foreclosures, Evictions Through July 10
- Exclusive: As China Hoarded Medical Supplies, the CIA Believes It Tried to Stop the WHO from Sounding the Alarm on the Pandemic
- CIA believes China pressured WHO to delay life-saving coronavirus warnings and hoarded medical supplies, says report
- CIA 'believes China pressured WHO to publicly downplay the risk of coronavirus in January while Beijing hoarded medical supplies'
- Newsom signs executive order declaring California a vote-by-mail state
- Trump says he will sign executive order to suspend immigration, offers no details
- California Governor Gavin Newsom signs executive order to give relief to food industry workers
- Michigan Governor Whitmer Signs Executive Order to Speed Up Unemployment Benefits as State Grapples With Lockdown, Protesters
Trump signs executive order to prevent price gauging, hoarding of medical supplies have 356 words, post on thehill.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.