Vietnam could become a candidate for the production of vaccines against the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) with its strong vaccine production capability, WHO Representative in Vietnam Kidong Park told Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc during their meeting in Hanoi on Saturday. PM Phuc stated that Vietnam has engaged the entire political system, including the military and public security forces, in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic. The Southeast Asian country considers epidemic prevention as a major task of the government, all ministries, agencies, localities, and the whole people, the premier continued. The Vietnamese government has been ensuring a sufficient supply of necessities for the people, and taken stronger measures to contain infections from different sources such as Europe or the UK. Vietnam hopes the WHO will provide the latest technological advances and medical equipment to help the country fight against the epidemic, he said, adding that the Southeast Asian country has successfully treated 16 cases, including an elderly patient with complex diseases. WHO Representative Park praised Vietnam’s efforts to control the epidemic with assertive measures to quarantine infected people and those who have close contact with them. The country has also established 30 testing facilities, Park added. WHO encourages the Vietnamese government to… Read full this story
- J&J COVID-19 Vaccine in Limbo as US Panel Delays Vote on Resuming Shots
- Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine in limbo as US panel delays vote on resuming shots
- How worried should we be about blood clots linked to AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines?
- Europe scrambles as Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine delay deals another blow
- Hong Kong widens COVID-19 vaccine scheme to under 30s
- WHO expects decision on emergency listing for Chinese-made COVID-19 vaccines soon
- Australia must prepare for swimmers to miss out on COVID-19 vaccine: CEO
- Hong Kong Shuns Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines for Johnson & Johnson Amid Fresh Imported Cases
- Ex-world leaders urge US to waive intellectual property rules for Covid-19 vaccines
- Nigeria reaches 1.04m persons with 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine — NPHCDA
Vietnam could become candidate for COVID-19 vaccine production: WHO representative have 321 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 15, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.