JOLIET, IL — As Neil Diamond’s “Coming to America” played in the background, the kitchen crew at Joliet’s Big Chill & Grill labored under an intense deadline Wednesday morning. They made pizza after pizza for what the restaurant owners agreed is the largest carryout order in Big Chill’s history. They delivered a total of 120 pizzas Wednesday to feed employees at the Stateville Correctional Center on Route 53 north of Joliet. The first delivery, 54 pizzas, hit the road at 10:35 a.m. The second delivery of 38 pizzas went out the door around noon. The third and final delivery was scheduled to occur around 5 p.m. One of Stateville’s employees who has recovered from the coronavirus returned to work on Monday. She helped organize Wednesday’s efforts for her fellow coworkers at Stateville. “I just thought it would be a nice gesture to do,” the employee said, asking that her name not be published. Don’t miss updates about precautions in the Joliet area as they are announced — Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters. Stateville has been one of the largest institutions in Illinois impacted by the coronavirus. Not only did some employees become ill, but scores of inmates… Read full this story
- Basin bass seem to be fully recovered after big chill
- The Big Read: Re-employment protects older workers but leaves some with bitter taste in their mouths
- The Big Read: Solving Singapore’s foreign workers problem requires serious soul searching, from top to bottom
- Migrant factory workers in Thailand launch legal action after wages expose
- Underpaid migrant factory workers in Mae Sot launch legal action
- 'Beast from the East II' strikes: Storm Darcy brings a FOOT of snow and bitter -10C chill as 50mph gales sweep across Britain threatening travel chaos and power cuts until Wednesday
- The Big Read: A fractious America and a few urgent matters of global proportions await Joe Biden
- Workers nervously eye return to Lear's coronavirus-hit plant in Mexico
- COVID-19: New migrant worker dorms step in the right direction, say support groups - but could more be done?
- Reducing migrant worker population will affect Singapore's competitive edge, lead to higher costs: Industry groups
Big Chill Makes 120 Pizzas For Stateville Workers have 353 words, post on patch.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.