Some media have taken it upon themselves to help police new social distancing laws, even going as far as reporting members of the public to the police for allegedly flouting restrictions by going to the park on a sunny day in Melbourne. A report on Nine News in Melbourne, April Fools, showed Reid Butler approaching people who were sitting in the park and asking them why they weren’t exercising. “We’ve sent those images to Victoria police,” the reporter tells newsreader Peter Hitchener. Nine defended the story. “Our report highlighted the new regulations and showed what activities people can and cannot do,” a Nine News spokesman said. “We used some actual examples and confirmed with the police what was the appropriate response and actions for people to take.” Get a haircut and get a real job There’s a growing clique of conservative commentators urging Australia to get back to work to save the economy. Andrew Bolt is the lead cheerleader, using his Sky News and News Corp newspaper platforms to undermine government messaging. Bolt advised his readers we could all be back at work in two weeks if we’re just pragmatic. “Things have changed with this coronavirus panic,” he wrote. “Now… Read full this story
- Cops Want To Be Able To Shut Off Self-Driving Cars
- 10 Rules of Professional Etiquette for the Digital Workplace
- In matters of life and death, how should Facebook decide what you see?
- Porn ban: Twitter talks about Vine's new 'no porn' policy
- Students cyberbully principals; Court throws out cases
- The Best Things Jezebel Staff Read in 2015, Or a Reading List for Your Holiday Downtime
- Persona 5: The Kotaku Review
- The Tattoo Industry Is Having Its Own Wrenching, Revelatory #MeToo Moment
- I Was the Weirdest Person at BronyCon 2014
- The Slutty Resurgence of New York's Underground Gay Sex Parties
Coronavirus brings out media's inner cop, as Nine reports Victorians for flouting social distancing rules have 297 words, post on www.theguardian.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.