In the letter, Principal Secretary (Home) Amitabh Gupta identified the 23 occupants of the five cars “as family friends” travelling from Khandala to Mahabaleshwar for a “family emergency”. Nine members of Dewan Housing Finance Limited’s (DHFL) promoter family were detained near Mahabaleshwar on Thursday for violating lockdown orders and were sent into quarantine at a government facility in Panchgani. The family members – in what could be a major embarrassment for the government – were carrying a letter from one of the state’s top bureaucrats, Principal Secretary (Home) Amitabh Gupta, granting their entourage of five cars immunity from the lockdown. In the letter, Gupta identified the 23 occupants of the cars – including members of security detail and personal staff – “as family friends.” The letter said they were travelling from Khandala to Mahabaleshwar for a “family emergency” and should be provided every assistance possible to “reach their destination.” Among those detained were Kapil Wadhawan, promoter-director, DHFL and Dheeraj Wadhawan, a former non-executive director of the company. DHFL – a non-banking finance company has been in news recently for its suspicious transactions with Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor in 2018. Last month, a city court had issued non-bailable warrants against… Read full this story
- Michael Gove denies breaking lockdown rules as he is photographed jogging in a park after his daughter started showing coronavirus symptoms - before she was tested and given all-clear
- Wadhawans to be chargesheeted for defying lockdown norms
- Saudi Women's Rights Activist Detained for Two Years While Awaiting Trial Must Be Released During Pandemic, Sister Says
- Coronavirus latest: Italy outlines loosening of lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: Would you report people who break the rules?
- Raped girls, 17 and 18, go to police station to report sex attack only to be fined for breaking coronavirus lockdown
- Teen girls sexually attacked on walk in Russia initially fined for breaching lockdown
- What will Indian politics look like post lockdown?
- Coronavirus latest: Germany sees fresh round of anti-lockdown protests
- Coronavirus latest: Anti-lockdown protests erupt across Europe
DHFL promoter family detained in Panchgani for violating lockdown have 319 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at April 10, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.