Reports suggest nine clubs are in favour of ending the campaign by June 30. © AFP Premier League clubs will debate how to finish the season on Friday, with reports that a June 30 deadline will be proposed amid the coronavirus crisis. Bosses at the Premier League are under pressure to thrash out the best way to conclude the 2019-20 campaign after the pandemic caused chaos with the football schedule. Premier League action has been suspended since March and the financial fall-out is causing clubs to worry about potentially huge losses, while highly-paid players are yet to agree wages cuts to help balance the books.Reports suggest nine clubs are in favour of ending the campaign by June 30, with the complications of contract expiration dates — many are set to run out at that time — among the key issues.Chelsea midfielder Willian and Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen are two of the stars whose contracts will expire, making it a risk for them to play on if the season extends into July.Liverpool are due to change shirt manufacturers from New Balance to Nike, while Watford and Newcastle are also switching kit suppliers, raising the potential for contractual disputes if the season… Read full this story
- Newcastle and Brighton in goalless Premier League draw
- Premier League names David Pemsel new chief executive
- Man City problems already gifted Premier League to Liverpool
- Everton's best and worst away days in the Premier League
- Premier League referees uncovered
- Former Leicester City star makes bold Premier League prediction
- Arsenal third, Spurs ninth in the 2019 Premier League table
- Premier League TV fixtures: When will December and January TV games be announced?
- How Man City should line up against Wolves in Premier League
- Premier League table: Latest standings, fixtures, results
Premier League To Debate How To Finish Season On Friday have 281 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.