London (CNN)Nick Offerman never knew he was part of a TV juggernaut. “We were never a hit — it’s one of the huge misconceptions about the show,” he tells CNN, reflecting on his seven years playing curmudgeonly local government director Ron Swanson on the NBC comedy “Parks and Recreation.” “We were a critical darling … but for some reason we didn’t catch on with the fast food crowd,” Offerman adds of the show, which is returning next week for a one-off special to benefit Covid-19 relief efforts. “We remained a Reuben sandwich. We never crossed over and became a McDonald cheeseburger.” But years after it came off the air, the show’s transition to Big Mac is complete. “Across history, we know a great many artists in every field who died penniless and uncelebrated, and then later on people said, ‘Oh, this Beethoven stuff is not half bad,'” Offerman muses. “It’s just wonderful that the advent of streaming services have allowed our show, which was more of a culty sensation, to reach a much wider audience.” It’s hardly a boastful statement. Old TV has never been more fashionable, and “Parks and Rec” is one of a small clutch of shows from… Read full this story
- Gail Walker: The golden age of TV broke new ground ... what a shame we’re unlikely to see a repeat
- More than half of British people believe we’re in a ‘golden age’ of TV, survey claims
- The odd couple soundtrack to a Boro golden age
- We are living in a golden age of television, according to Brits
- Iconic moments in TV history Brits want to watch on state-of-the-art TVs
- Real-life Age Before Beauty salon has celebrity clients and no shortage of drama
- Last Words: Novels And TV Shows
- Reality is so horrible that we're running to great TV for places to hide
- Your chance to date a celebrity on E4's reality TV show
- What happened when 90s kids TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips got into a wrestling ring?
We're in a golden age of TV re-runs. Soon they'll be the only thing on have 330 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 25, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.