The editor of the world’s biggest Harry Potter fan site has urged supporters to stop buying JK Rowling’s books and films over the author’s ‘transphobia’ row. Ms Rowling has faced an intense backlash since she took issue with an online article about ’people who menstruate’ last week – including from actors starring in the movie adaptations of her novels, such as Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. Then yesterday, it emerged that a school in West Sussex dropped its plans to name a house after the author, telling parents Ms Rowling was ‘no longer an appropriate role model for our community’. Now, Melissa Anelli, who runs The Leaky Couldron site, has encouraged people not to buy her products, as she pointed her 28,000 followers to another post from a Harry Potter podcast, which offered ‘a guide to cancelling’ the author. Melissa Anelli, pictured left, editor of the world’s biggest Harry Potter fan site, has urged supporters to stop buying JK Rowling’s books and watching her films as the ‘transphobia’ row surrounding the author, pictured right, rumbles on That post said: ‘STOP GIVING HER MONEY: don’t buy new books, don’t buy official merch, don’t see the play, don’t rent or buy the movies,… Read full this story
- Best UK literary locations that every book lover needs to visit at least once
- The Death Of Sarah Jones: Safety Concerns Raised Over ‘Midnight Rider’ Crew’s Previous Film In Georgia
- Heartbroken family of the second coronavirus victim to die in the UK pay tribute to a 'wonderful great-granddad' as they reveal their 'nightmare' at not being able to arrange his funeral because they are in isolation
- Preparing for a speedy getaway, Harry? Duke arrives to open new Silverstone museum with F1 champion Lewis Hamilton in a £65,000 electric Mercedes
- Sex and the City selfie invasion! Fans of the TV show are STILL flooding the Manhattan street were Carrie lived 16 years after the series ended - making life a misery for its wealthy residents
- Why we should stop worrying and learn to love Zoella
- Best book to read on the Riviera… or a damp campsite in Scotland?
- 'It's a Tinkerbell kinda day!' Amanda Holden gets into character as Peter Pan's fairy sidekick while Rochelle Humes' daughters dress as their favourite fictional figures for World Book Day
- That's the Christmas card sorted! Fans gush that 'breathtaking' snap of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle looks like a movie scene - as they give each other the 'look of love' in the rain
- Revealed: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not be in Queen's Commonwealth Service procession... as last-minute change means Prince William and Kate Middleton will be led to their seats too
'Heartbroken' editor of world's biggest Harry Potter fan site urges people to stop buying JK Rowling's books and watching her films after 'transphobia' row have 444 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 12, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.