PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Entertainment venues were the first to close after the COVID-19 outbreak and they will be the last to reopen. Now the question is, how long can these facilities survive? “Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa, those are our local heroes here in Pittsburgh and we aren’t going to have a place to grow and enable in the future,” said Liz Berlin who owns Mr. Smalls Theater in Millvale. Berlin describes her business as a true “mom and pop” with her husband running it alongside her. The struggle since the coronavirus shutdown is the lack of funding help available to independent venues and promoters. “It’s like we are stuck in jello taking out loans just to buy us time. Not even to create anything, but just to survive until who knows when,” Berlin said. It’s not just the physical spaces, but the promoters and actual artists that are unsure of the future. “We have a deep, very integrated system of people that could be pushed out of the city if the industry doesn’t survive,” said Lauren Goshinski, who’s an independent promoter in Pittsburgh. “If our stages go, nobody is going to have a place to go,” said Adam Valen… Read full this story
- 'He has no disabilities on stage': Mother of blind autistic singer who left America's Got Talent judges in TEARS calls him an 'innocent soul' who transforms when he performs music
- Desperate fight to save historic Sydney bar after 21-year licence stuff-up
- All the world’s a stage. And these women are radically changing that world…
- Africa Channel Owner, Congressional Black Caucus Blast Comcast Over Byron Allen Case
- Column: The Gannett/GateHouse merger sends a dismal signal about the future of local news
- I Didn't Tell Facebook I'm Engaged, So Why Is It Asking About My Fiancé?
- A country where good people are not allowed to win elections by Pat Utomi
- GoodTime Charlies Band Land 2nd Set at Concert Festival
- The Next Battle Over Second Amendment Rights Is At Your Local Music Festival
- Brave dogs step up to make blood donations: Pet owners come together to create a safe system to help local canines in need
‘Put A Good Word In’: Local Venue Owners And Concert Promoters Asking The Community To Save Their Stages have 356 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.