Even without a crowd Stuart Broad has not lost his sense of drama. One ball of the day to go, one wicket needed for his 500th in Test cricket, Broad had his hands half in the air as he nipped one past the outside edge. Shai Hope just retracted his bat in time, leaving Broad to sleep on 499 wickets. How long he tosses and turns will depend on the weather. Heavy rain is forecast in Manchester on Monday making it likely there will be no play, so possibly another night one short of the landmark. But with England eight wickets short of victory, and a dry day forecast on Tuesday, a 2-1 win and a crowning moment for Broad should close out this entertaining series. Broad took all six West Indian wickets to fall yesterday, four to finish them off in the morning, and two more in the 25-minute spell in the evening to push them to the edge of defeat at 10 for two after England declared with a 398-run lead. Somehow this exhausted West Indies side will have to drag themselves out to bat for the draw but appear a beaten side. Broad will become only the… Read full this story
- NFL Combine 2019: What we learned about Patriots draft prospects and free agency on Day 4 in Indy
- Meet the four players who have established a youth bowling dynasty
- Super Bowl 2019: Commercials to watch for and complete broadcast schedule
- Why Kind of 2019 Super Bowl Commercials Will You Watch on Sunday?
- UK weather warning: ‘Danger to life’ as Britain to be flooded by 2 WEEKS of rain on Sunday
- A by-the-numbers look at Northern California’s wild weather
- Super Bowl 2019: 53 things we learned from Patriots' win over Rams
- The struggle to save Colorado's forests in a changing world
- National Gridiron League: Indiana Firebirds have former Indy prep stars
- Who we think will win the Patriots-Rams Super Bowl and why
Stuart Broad bowls England into total dominance against West Indies who have only the weather to save them have 309 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.