Joe Biden announced he has chosen California Senator Kamala Harris to be his running mate heading into November’s presidential election, adding his former rival for the Democratic nomination to the ticket, CBS News campaign reporters Bo Erickson,Tim Perry and political correspondent Ed O’Keefe report. The Biden campaign made the announcement in a text message to supporters on Tuesday. “Joe Biden here. Big news: I’ve chosen Kamala Harris as my running mate. Together, with you, we’re going to beat Trump,” the message said, adding a link to Biden’s campaign website. Biden’s last in-person rally before the COVID-19 pandemic was with Harris in Detroit on March 9. The Biden campaign announced the pair will reunite and make their first appearance together as a ticket on Wednesday in Delaware. CBS News spotted campaign production companies, campaign staff and Secret Service enter Hotel Du Pont in downtown Wilmington on Tuesday, seemingly to prepare for the pair’s remarks. This is the same place Biden announced his first Senate run in 1972.Biden’s campaign is citing Harris’ friendship with the late Beau Biden as one reason for the decision. “From hearing about Kamala from Beau, to seeing her fight for others directly, Joe has long been impressed by how tough Kamala… Read full this story
- Joe Biden says Democrats could have 'great trouble' with Bernie Sanders at top of the ticket
- Black Lives Matter co-founder requests meeting with Biden, Harris: "We want something for our vote"
- Republicans Block Voting Rights Bill, Dealing Blow to Biden and Democrats
- What is the Biden-Harris Administration's seven-point Plan to beat COVID-19?
- Bernie Sanders predicts ‘overwhelming’ support for Biden-Harris ticket despite some progressives’ disagreements
- Trump campaign paints Biden, Harris as radical liberals. But voters disagree
- Biden broadened Democratic base, cut into Trump coalition: study
- Biden and Democrats Detail Plans to Raise Taxes on Multinational Firms
- Joe Biden and Democratic Rivals Exchange Attacks Over His Remarks on Segregationists
- AOC, Schumer slam Republicans for voting bill block as Biden, Harris vow to "fight" on
2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden-Harris Democratic ticket is official have 331 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.