Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday questioned veteran journalist Prashant Tandon in connection with communal riots that broke out in the Capital in February. His mobile phone has also been seized. Speaking to The Hindu, Mr. Tandon said that he was primarily questioned because he supported the protests against Citizenship (Amendment) Act, National Register of Citizens and National Population Register. The questioning mostly centred around two meetings and a WhatsApp group, he said. The 54-year-old journalist residing in east Delhi said that he was served notice on Friday to appear on Saturday. But as he had prior commitments, he requested for a change to 11a.m.on Monday. Mr. Tandon was interviewed by three officers, including two Inspectors and one Deputy Commissioner of Police, one after the other. He was finally dropped home by the police around 10:30 p.m. WhatsApp groupsTalking about the nature of questioning, Mr. Tandon said that the officers asked him about his association with protests against the CAA, many of which he had participated in. “I was part of certain WhatsApp groups… coordination committees. One of the groups was formed by Yogendra Yadav [Swaraj Abhiyan president] and another by activist Rahul Roy,” he said. He added that the… Read full this story
- Pussy Riot Uses Further Detainment to Put Russian Imprisonment Tactics on Show
- An activist faced rioting charges for 2 years. This week, the case went away.
- Help! Am I a Journalist or a Liberal Shill?
- A Journalist Has Been Arrested for Questioning HHS Secretary Tom Price
- Cuban-American journalist condemns political ad showcasing interview with Fidel Castro
- All Governments (and Some Journalists) Lie
- Mystery Surrounds Case of Russian Journalists Slain in Africa
- Military Detention for Journalists
- President Trump takes softball questions from conservative outlets during talk with Canadian leader Justin Trudeau
- Donald Trump Is Enabling Attacks on Journalists
Journalist Tandon questioned in connection with Delhi riots have 307 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.