The Committee of Experts on the Non-Personal Data Governance Framework has recommended in its report, among other things, making privately held non-personal data “open”. The objective is to make such data available for general use, though the committee does lay down conditions for such data transfers. This has raised concerns about state interference in the private data ecoystem. We think that the report is a missed opportunity to address the governance frameworks around what are some of the most important non-personal data sets in a country — those created by government agencies, or those resulting from taxpayer money.Non-personal data are data that do not identify an individual. Nonetheless, such data can be useful in either framing public policy or creating and providing new services. For example, aggregate data from land registries can tell us a lot about land use patterns. Data related to traffic flows can be used to guide traffic management. Non-personal data are also viewed as critical for development of the AI ecosystem.Comment | Towards robust data regulationWhy data should be open to citizensSome of the most important non-personal data sets are held by the government, or result from taxpayer funding. There are five reasons why these should… Read full this story
- Owner of the Comedy Cellar had no idea Louis CK was going on, calls set a "missed opportunity"
- Antonio Pierce says Giants' season was 'missed opportunity'
- SoundCloud’s new integration with Serato is a missed opportunity
- Capitals' missed opportunities end up costing series
- Rangers' Al Montoya misses opportunity to play
- Commentary: Don’t miss opportunity as FAFSA window opens
- Despite Mayor Bloomberg's help, needy families missing 'Opportunity'
- 'Alan Wake' is not so much a good horror videogame, but a missed opportunity
- Hillary Clinton implies Castros like embargo, Gloria Estefan misses opportunity for change in Cuba
- Miss USA Sarah Rose Summers Apologizes for Comments About Fellow Miss Universe Contestants' English
A missed opportunity have 305 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.