Beirut, Lebanon (CNN)Rescue teams in Beirut are digging deeper into rubble Friday where signs of life were detected 30 days after a massive explosion destroyed much of the city’s downtown coastal area. Search teams swarmed to the Mar Mikhael area, a neighborhood near the epicenter of last month’s blast, on Thursday after rescue teams detected movement deep within debris. Rescuers worked under floodlights in humid summer conditions to remove portions of a wall with a crane as a crowd stood by, anxious for updates. On Friday morning local time, thermal imaging showed body heat in the rubble, while another device picked up seven breaths, according to a member of Live Love Beirut, a non-governmental organization helping with rescue efforts. The group said rescuers were less than 2 meters (6.5 feet) from that location. Rescuers asked a crowd of about 200 onlookers to be silent so their equipment could better detect any breath or heartbeats of a possible survivor . Rescue workers clear rubble from a destroyed building with the aim of finding a potential survivor in the aftermath of the Beirut blast on September 4, 2020 in Beirut, Lebanon. Read More The search was sparked by a rescue dog that… Read full this story
- Ex-LSU students each sentenced to 30 days in jail in hazing of frat pledge Max Gruver
- Bengaluru: Most labs store positive samples for maximum 30 days
- JUDGE ISSUES ULTIMATUM TO STATE ON EXECUTIONS / He sets 30-day deadline for officials to agree to change lethal injection -- or he'll declare it unconstitutional
- Uber rolls out a new feature that lets you book a ride 30 days in advance
- Private labs to store swab samples for 30 days, govt units to keep them for a year
- Global coronavirus cases exceed 50 million after 30-day spike
- Recovered coronavirus patients warned 'avoid sex for 30 days or risk spreading bug'
- Henry Ford Health System: More Than 33,000 Patients Tested Negative For Covid-19 In Last 30 Days, 2,180 Tested Positive
- Trai extends deadline by 30 days for tariff disclosure compliances
- MTA Worker Says He’s Facing 30-Day Suspension For Exposing Safety Issues On Trains
Beirut rescuers search site for possible survivor 30 days after explosion have 342 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 4, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.