Covid is three times more likely to kill hospitalised patients than seasonal influenza, a study has revealed. Early indicators at the start of the pandemic hinted that the coronavirus was only as deadly as the flu. But this theory has since been comprehensively disproven, despite data showing the infection poses little threat to anyone except the elderly and vulnerable. The latest study is based on national data from France and reveals granular detail about the true differences between the two viruses. It shows 15,104 of 89,530 (16.9 per cent) Covid-19 patients studied died while in hospital, compared with just 2,640 of 45,819 (5.8 per cent) flu patients studied. The comparative death rate from Covid-19 was particularly high among the over-50s and children. Covid-19 is three times more likely to kill hospitalised patients than seasonal influenza, a study reveals. There is no significant difference in the death rate of children This graph shows the death rate among Covid-19 patients (blue line) and flu patients (red) in hospital Pictured, a graph showing the death rate among children for the viral infections Covid (blue) and flu (red) The comprehensive study, published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine journal, also found Covid-19 hospital patients are more… Read full this story
- A deadly pandemic could sweep the world in hours and kill millions because NO country is fully prepared, report claims
- FDA approves first new flu drug in 20 years: Wonder medication 'can cure symptoms in as little as two days'
- US braced for flu outbreak: Four children and scores of adults have died, and sickness is sweeping the Deep South - but officials warn rates are set to rocket after Thanksgiving
- Monkey ‘infects scientist with deadly herpes B virus’ in a Japanese laboratory in country’s first human case of the extremely rare brain-damaging infection
- Outbreak of a flu-like illness could circulate the world in 36 hours and kill 80million people, warns report by former World Health Organization chief
- Nigeria’s ‘severely wasted children’: The inside story
- Millennials are more sceptical of vaccines because they haven't been 'exposed to the reality of a number of diseases'
- Bird flu around the world: a guide
- Only 50% of Americans plan to get their flu shot as health officials warn that not getting vaccinated could mean another deadly season
- Terminal prostate cancer patients could get ‘two more years of life’ with experimental immunotherapy drug, study reveals
Covid-19 is THREE times as deadly as the flu: Almost 17% of hospitalised coronavirus patients die of the disease - dwarfing flu's 5.8% death rate - with over-50s and children hardest hit have 381 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 18, 2020. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.