Source: RichVintage/Gettyimages Key Points: Levels of empathy are declining among children, contributing to an increasing number of young people feeling lonely , confused, frustrated, and angry. Children can learn empathy from parents who are empathic and at peace at their core. These skills benefit children as they are more likely to grow up to be happy, successful adults. Empathy is a choice, and it is a vulnerable choice because in order to connect with another person you have to connect to something within yourself that recognizes that specific feeling. We simply need to connect; otherwise, we cannot survive. Therefore, we must be sure to raise new generations with the empathetic tools needed to thrive. Over the past year, we have learned to limit social contact, which has been vital and necessary. We have stood together and handled the scary situation in the best way possible. The many deaths and horrific consequences that COVID-19 has brought with it are terrifying, and words can’t begin to explain how difficult this time has been. Mental Health Problems Are Increasing While Empathy Is Decreasing While we are still trying to combat the virus, a lot is currently being written about its consequences on our children and young people. Parents are yelling more,… Read full this story
- Vietnamese high school students create board games to protect children from abuse
- Prince William and Pregnant Kate Middleton Step Out in Support of Children's Mental Health
- Stepping into Diana's shoes: Kate Middleton is dubbed the 'Children's Princess' by royal fans after delighting families with her natural warmth - in echoes of People's Princess title given to her late mother-in-law
- ‘Schools are killing curiosity’: why we need to stop telling children to shut up and learn
- Battle on the adverbials front: grammar advisers raise worries about Sats tests and teaching
- Sexualised behaviour in very young children increasing, say teachers
- Are tablet computers harming our children's ability to read?
- Bihar teacher’s innovative math teaching goes viral on social media; SRK, Anand Mahindra appreciate
- Sex education: what do today’s children really need to know?
- Children’s Art Fest: Young hands foster art celebration
The Importance of Teaching Our Children to Be Empathetic have 349 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 20, 2021. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.