Note to readers: Although most fund houses are process-driven and mutual fund schemes are driven by many guidelines, a money manager's role cannot be undermined. At the heart of fund management is a core team of analysts and fund managers who track multiple sectors and companies on a day-to-day basis. And every scheme has a designated fund manager who is responsible for its long-term performance. In this five-part series, we have identified the next generation of fund managers who hold the potential to become top performers. All of them are under 45 years of age. Yesterday, we met Ajay Tyagi , EVP and Fund Manager, Equity, UTI Mutual Fund . Today, we meet Shridatta Bhandwaldar, Head Equities, Canara Robeco Mutual Fund . The 9/11 terror attacks in the US had a ripple affect all over the world. Equity markets the world over, including India, fell sharply. In just 15 days, the Sensex fell by 15 percent. Shridatta Bhandwaldar, who currently heads equities fund management at Canara Robeco Mutual Fund, was about to join an Information Technology company when the company, perhaps in anticipation of a global crisis, withdrew its job offer at the last minute. The IT sector, at the… Read full this story
- MFs bought and sold these top 30 stocks in June; do you own any?
- What was it like to buy $8.7 billion worth of stocks in March? A fund manager explains
- 'Worst is over for PSU banks'
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 11
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 16
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 15
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 12
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 14
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 9
Rising stars in mutual funds: Shridatta Bhandwaldar on why promoter integrity is crucial in stock picking have 267 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 1, 2021. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.