JACKSONVILLE (CBSMiami/AP) — A Blue Alert has been issued out of Nassau County for Patrick McDowell, who is accused of murdering a deputy during a traffic stop. According to Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper, doctors at UF Health Jacksonville did their best to save Deputy Joshua Moyers, 29, but "there was just nothing they could do for Josh." READ MORE: Miami Police Chief Art Acevedo Calls Out Commissioners In Scathing Memo Ahead Of No Confidence Vote Leeper said the deputy's family decided that Moyers' organs should be donated, so medical personnel are keeping him alive until the hospital can find matches for the organs, news outlets reported. Moyers was shot in the face and in the back early Friday morning in Callahan, just north of Jacksonville, after pulling over McDowell, 35, Leeper said. Authorities later determined the vehicle had been stolen. Investigators are searching for McDowell and have warned the public that he is likely armed and dangerous. READ MORE: Orange County Officials Searching For 19-Year-Old Miya Marcano Investigators found a flashlight and a hat they think belong to McDowell. They previously found a gun that they believe was used to shoot a police dog during the search on Friday,… Read full this story
- This Florida murder case was tried in Cuba. And local prosecutors got to watch
- Jail guard arrested, suspended in Rensselaer County
- Father charged with murder in DWI crash that killed 8-year-old son
- Given second chance, sheriff's deputy fired after Rotterdam fight
- Will Florida’s Ex-Felons Finally Regain the Right to Vote?
- Teen accused of luring man to West Side apartments where he was robbed at gunpoint
- Copper wire stealing suspect caught on camera in Montgomery County
- Sacramento’s newest deputy police chief says she wants to build trust with minorities
- Several dead in mass shooting at Florida video game tournament; suspect also dead
- Opening arguments, police testimony headline second day of Ogden murder trial
Blue Alert Issued Out Of North Florida County For Patrick McDowell, Accused Of Murdering Deputy During Traffic Stop have 313 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.