So you’re wondering why your blog refuses to grow after putting so much time and effort into it. You’ve implemented all the things you have learned from other blogs in order to build a very successful blog yet there’s no sign of growth while other blogs that were built after yours are speedily picking up and getting lots of exposure and mentions. Does it mean that those other bloggers that are becoming famous are smarter, luckier or more intelligent than you are? Or maybe you’ve concluded that blogging is not meant for you after all? Well, that is not the problem. The problem is that there are few things they’re doing which you are not. In this case, giving up usually looks like the best option but I urge you not to even think of that at all instead, give me some minutes and I will show you exactly why you’re not moving forward with your blogs. After reading this post, you’ll see the exact things that separate the pro/successful bloggers … [Read more...] about Top 6 Secrets of People Behind Popular Blogs #2 is Dope
A Phenomenal Blaugust The time has come and as I said in my original post this year, I would tabulate the results and post them on September 2nd. This month really was an absolute deluge of content, and there is really no other way to say about it. I know I personally struggled to keep up with it all. I have to say however one of the best moments for me was reading the many “last posts” of the challengers. They all seemed to have a theme of “this is what blaugust taught me” or “I am proud of myself that I survived”. Reading each of those was so amazing. As I remarked yesterday I feel like the bulk of the community is not quite sure if they want to give me a hug… or flip me the bird. It is interesting being both Hero and Villain at the same time. After reading the posts… I can be perfectly fine with either distinction because the end result was pretty awesome. This year we had far greater … [Read more...] about Blaugust Results
I’m already old and bitter when it comes to survival games. I’ve killed zombies, dinosaurs, infected bears, maybe even infected dinosaurs, and people. Lots of people. Even for food, and I don’t mean apples. I’ve been been forced to hand over my clothes in the freezing cold, drowned myself to escape imprisonment, and endured beaches full of dead, starved naked men on a PvE server that was unable to provide food for its citizens. It’s been the worst parts of The Walking Dead when I’ve been looking for the “It’s going to be OK!” moments. All this during what’s largely proven to be an unending “Early Access” period. To say I’m critical of the survival genre at this point may be an understatement. By all accounts, someone might think I hate them, and they’d be half right. I hate most of what I’ve played. There’s cool stuff, but it’s like finding a $1 bill in what you hope was a … [Read more...] about GDC 2018: Rend is looking to ‘WoW’ the survival genre
Ah, tanking. It’s really a role I fell into, not just in The Secret World, but in a lot of other “holy-trinity” type MMOs as well. After all, you can’t get nowhere without a meatshield. Since my husband and I always play as a healer-tank team anyway, and I’m typically the one who enjoys running around with bigass swords, the threat-magnet duties naturally always fall to me. For the most part, I love it! A lot of people will tell you that tanking is a pretty thankless job, but I find that even making a simple healthy lifestyle choice such as staying away from toxic PuGs will cut down on 90% of the stress and anxiety. The other 10% for me is mostly personal, because I know I’m hard on myself. Even when I’m playing with a group of friends and guildies who I know are casual and cool, I still can’t help beating myself up feeling responsible whenever a wipe happens. Some might joke that I take the role of “guardian” or … [Read more...] about TSW: Tanking…It’s A Love-Hate Thing
Ever since Trove launched its superhero-themed expansion Heroes, I’ve been hemming and hawing over buying the big mama upgrade package for the Vanguardian and the gobs upon gobs of currency that comes with it. You guys, I want it, but I have such guilt over spending that much dough on a single class and the costume fluff I’d probably buy with the rest of it. For the same stack of cash, I could buy five or ten whole games on Steam. It’s silly. I’ve paid way more for dumber things; ask me how much I paid to move a bunch of toons across accounts in Star Wars Galaxies back in the day when that kind of cash was far dearer to me. So I should just get it while the fam is still into the game. And yet… I keep stalling. How about you? What MMO have you splurged on lately, and what’s the biggest MMO splurge you’ve ever made? Every morning, the Massively Overpowered writers team up with mascot Mo to ask MMORPG players pointed questions about the … [Read more...] about The Daily Grind: What’s your biggest ever MMO splurge?